I’ve often wondered if kids just KNOW which houses give away the good stuff on Halloween and which ones don’t. I’ve been perusing a few “best of lists” and I thought I would summarize the best Halloween candy you can give as rated by trick-or-treaters and adults alike. Did your candy make the list this year? If not, you may want to reconsider or find yourself blacklisted by trick-or-treaters forever. ha.
25. Chuckles – they are old school and rare but kids love them and so do adults.
24. Sour Patch Kids – you either love them or hate them but you don’t find them a lot in your treat bag and so they are a popular vote getter
23. Blow pops – who doesn’t like a lollipop AND gum in one. seriously.
22. Tootsie pops – nips the Blow pop by one spot because they have been around longer and there is the whole – how quick can you get to the middle thing.
21. Pop rocks – silly, silly little candy that I am convinced has to be extremely bad for you but kids love it nonetheless.
20. Starbusts – an oldie but a goodie
19. Raisinetes – honestly I was surprised this made the list but maybe it is because parents feel better when their kids are eating fruit.
18. Airheads – these things should be gross but they are delicious. Trick-or-treaters love them.
17. Candy Necklaces – I know this one is a bit odd however it made a bunch of lists so I had to include it.
16. Nerds – even I love Nerds – especially the fun flavored ones. You’ll be a hit with these.
15. Sugar Babies – Not as well-known as some candies but can you get any better than chocolate covered caramel? Well… see number 14.
14. Cow Tails Vanilla – Hard to find but kids go nuts for the caramel candy with Vanilla in the middle.
13. Butterfinger CRISPS – the traditional Butterfinger has been replaced by the new version and I have to say that I agree
now we get into a few traditional candy that everyone loves….
12. Twix – delish.
11. Almond Joy – most times you feel like a nut. (hahahaha)
10. Skittles – year round fun
okay … we are back into the more unique candy
9. Hot Tamales – never loved them but apparently they are popular and I guess they are one of the few hot candies on the list so they are probably well placed mid-way among the favorites
8. Russel Stover chocolate covered marshmallow pumpkins – I didn’t know these existed but I’ve seen them chatted about all around and so I’m hunting them down this year for the 2 kids that might come to my house
7. Pixie Stix – comes in a variety of flavors, easy to eat right out of the package
6. Candy Corn – it is a seasonal delight for kids and adults of all ages. Who hasn’t eaten the little colored layers one by one?
5. Hersey’s minis – the variety pack is always a hit and who doesn’t love Hersey’s?
4. Fun Dip – my kid is 2.5 and he ALREADY loves it so I can just imagine how much kids love this as they get older. Plus it is a two-part candy which makes it a bit more complex and fun.
3. Pez – Seriously, if you are cool enough to be giving out a variety of different Pez dispensers and Pez then you are probably too cool to be reading this blog however, you are probably seriously popular in the neighborhood and kids will come to your house first to make sure they get their pick of Pez.
2. Reese’s Pieces – they are hard to find and rarely given out but if you can get them and give them, kids will like you.
1. Reese’s Peanut butter cups – I had to end with an old faithful and if you really want to amp this one up, give the double package or the pumpkin shaped one.
– Halloween Peeps
I wish all the best of luck this year in being a cool house in your neighborhood!